- Open the Outlook Application.
- Click “Deleted Items” in the inbox you want to recover.
- Click “Recover items recently removed from this folder”
- Select the email(s) that you would like to restore and click “OK” or “Select all” to select all emails and then click “OK” to restore them.
Recovering a deleted email from your Trash folder is easy: Open the Trash folder, which you can find on the left-hand side of the desktop app, or in the hamburger menu of the Gmail app. Select the message or messages you wish to restore, and select them.
You can recover a deleted folder (together with all its messages) if it’s still in your Deleted Items folder. To recover the folder, locate it in your Deleted Items folder and move it back to its proper location in the folder list. You can’t recover a folder that’s been permanently deleted.
- In Outlook, go to your email folder list, and then click Deleted Items.
- Make sure Homeis selected in the menu bar then click Recover Deleted Items From Server.
- Select the item you want to recover, click Restore Selected Items > click OK.
When a user deletes a Gmail message, it stays in their Trash for 30 days. These are the options for retrieving and restoring deleted messages: For up to 30 days after deleting, users can recover their own messages from the Trash by following the steps in Recover deleted Gmail messages.
If you’ve permanently deleted an item in Microsoft Outlook or Outlook on the web (formerly known as Outlook Web App), the item is moved to a folder (Recoverable Items > Deletions) and kept there for 14 days, by default. You can change how long items are kept, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Go to Outlook.com and log in to your Live, Hotmail, or other Microsoft email account.
- Select the Deleted Items folder in the left pane.
- Select Recover items deleted from this folder at the top of the message list. …
- Select the items you want to recover and choose Restore.