- Touch and hold a message bubble, then tap More.
- Select the message bubbles you want to delete, then tap .
To delete a single message: Within a conversation, touch and hold the message bubble to open an options menu. Tap More . Tap the Trash button , then tap Delete Message.
If you can’t delete text messages from iPhone, access Settings > Messages > Keep Messages. Select the 30 days time frame and reset your phone. Once the reset process is done, attempt to delete the message and check if it has been successful.
- Tap and hold the text in question.
- Click More.
- Click Trash Can.
- Select the messages you want to unsend.
- Tap on delete message.
You need to go to settings – iCloud and toggle off Messages. If you delete that thread it will be local to your device but that thread will still remain in Messages in iCloud since you haven’t deleted it from there.
- In a message conversation, touch and hold the message bubble or attachment that you want to delete.
- Tap More.
- Tap Trash. , then tap Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the thread tap Delete All, in the upper-left corner. Then tap Delete Conversation.
Tap and hold the message you want to delete. Tap more from the pop-up menu. Tap on the circle next to the message you want to delete or tap Delete All if you want to get rid of all of the messages in the chat. Tap on the delete button (looks like a trash can).
- From the Home screen, tap Messages.
- Tap the thread containing the message you want to delete.
- Tap and hold on the message you want to delete.
- Tap More…
- Select any additional messages to delete, then tap the trash icon.
- Tap Delete Message.
Unfortunately, there is no way to unsend an iMessage that’s been delivered to the recipient already, even if they haven’t read it.
1 Delete a Message Locate the conversation that has the message you want to delete then tap on it. Touch and hold the message you want to delete. Tap the trash can to delete the message. Tap Delete on the confirmation prompt.
Press your finger down on the message text until a menu comes up. Unlock the message – that’s how I was able to delete a message that would not delete the regular way. Show activity on this post. Deleting the cache and data of messaging app should help.
Go to Settings, Apps, Apps Manager (or All), find you SMS app. Do a force stop, clear cache and clear data. Exit settings and reboot. that may help.
Can you Unsend a Text Message? There is no way to unsend a text message or iMessage unless you cancel the message before it was sent.
In short, there is no way to unsend a delivered message regardless of its format. Apple doesn’t allow the users to play around other privacy and make them fool using this function.
- Tap Airplane Mode as quickly as you can. Tap the Airplane Mode button to restrict your device from accessing an Internet connection. …
- When you get a message saying to turn off airplane mode to send messages, tap OK. …
- Delete the message from your conversation. …
- Disable Airplane Mode.