iPhone and Android: Go to the navigation menu icon, then into ‘Settings and Privacy. ‘ Next, tap ‘Account’ and select ‘Deactivate your account. ‘
- Tap the navigation menu icon , then tap Settings and privacy.
- Tap Your account, then tap Deactivate your account.
- Read the account deactivation information, then tap Deactivate.
- Enter your password when prompted and tap Deactivate.
- Confirm that you want to proceed by tapping Yes, deactivate.
- Open Twitter. You can delete your Twitter account on the website or in the mobile app.
- Click on the More icon. This should look like three dots on your desktop or your Twitter icon in the iOS/Android apps.
- Select Settings and Privacy. …
- Click Your Account. …
- Hit Deactivate your Account. …
- Wait for 30 days.
You cannot uninstall Twitter for Android if you are using an Android 2.2 phone, as the app is bundled with the software.
You have to deactivate Twitter first In order to delete your Twitter account, you have to deactivate it first. To do this, go to More on the left side of the screen, then Settings and Privacy. Under “Your Account,” you’ll see the option to deactivate your account.
- Log in to your Twitter account and go to your account settings.
- Select the “Deactivate my account” option on the account settings page.
- Allow 30 days to pass before signing back into your Twitter account.
- Once you’ve done so, your account will be deleted.
- Choose whether you’re deactivating your personal account or one for your company.
- Enter an email address you can access.
- In the “Describe” field, type the details of your situation. Let Twitter know the reason why you can no longer access your email address or phone number.
Twitter does not delete inactive accounts, but it will deactivate them. A deactivated account is still visible to the public, but it cannot be seen by any of the account’s followers. The person who owns the account can reactivate their account at any time by logging in and confirming their identity with Twitter.
From your home screen, press and hold your finger on the Twitter app icon. The icon will begin to wobble and an x will appear in the top left corner of the icon. Tap the X. You will be asked to confirm your decision to delete the app.
If you don’t sign back in to your account within 30 days, then your Twitter account will disappear permanently from the Twitter platform, having been deleted.
- Go to the account profile and click or tap the overflow icon.
- Select Report.
- Select They’re being abusive or harmful.
- Next, we’ll ask you to provide additional information about the issue you’re reporting.
- Log into your account, then select the More icon. (This icon is three dots.)
- Go to the Your account tab.
- Choose Deactivate your account.
- Click on Deactivate.
- You’ll then have to enter your password. Then click on Deactivate account.
When You Deactivate Your Twitter Account When you deactivate your account, all your posts, tweets, likes and comments disappear from the site for up to 30 days. This process can take minutes, or it can take a few days, depending on how prolific your Twitter presence was.
If you want to use the same Gmail for multiple accounts, just add a dot anywhere in the username ([email protected] vs. [email protected], for example). Twitter will read these tweaked addresses as completely different users despite the fact they all point to the same account.
From here, you can revoke an app’s access to your Twitter account. Can someone get into an inactive Twitter account without the password? No, it isn’t possible. The only way would be to contact support if it is an old account of yours, and you’d have to provide proof.
Tip: The main difference between deactivating and deleting a user is that a deactivated user can be reactivated while deleting a user is permanent. Keep in mind that if a user is deleted from the account and then needs to be added back to the account, they will be added as a brand new user.
Can a deleted Twitter account be traced? Unfortunately, yes. It’s possible to see long-deleted tweets by using tools like Wayback Machine or Twaku. They take snapshots of Twitter, and those will likely include your account as well.
You are not allowed to have multiple Twitter accounts associated with the same email. But you can change the email address associated with an existing account. When you deactivate your account, the associated email address won’t be available for 30 days.
Can I add my phone number to multiple accounts? You can add your phone number to up to 10 accounts. Each account that has your phone number associated with it will still receive SMS text messages for password reset requests or security features like login verification.
Twitter doesn’t allow multiple accounts on one email address… or do they? If you have Gmail, you can create additional twitter accounts by using aliases. To create an alias in Gmail, you simply add a plus sign (+) after your Gmail user name and add the alias before the @ symbol.
Twitter has banned many sites that let you create free numbers and bypass Twitter verification to work on their site. However, thanks to Google’s reputation and authenticity, the Google voice number can be used for Twitter verification. To use a Google voice number, you do not need a real phone or number.