Go to the Data & Privacy section of your Google Account. Scroll to “Your data & privacy options.” Delete your Google Account. Follow the instructions to delete your account.
Deleting a Gmail account is permanent. After going through the process, all of your emails and account settings will be erased. You will no longer be able to use your Gmail address to send or receive emails, and the address will not be made available for anyone else to use in the future.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Passwords & accounts. …
- Under “Accounts for,” tap the account you want to remove. …
- To confirm, tap Remove account. …
- If this is the only Google Account on the phone, you’ll need to enter your phone’s pattern, PIN, or password for security.
- On your Android, head to Settings > Google.
- Now, click on Manage your Google Account.
- Select Data & personalization from the top menu.
- Scroll down to “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data” and tap Delete a service or your account.
What happens when you delete your Gmail service. Your emails and mail settings will be deleted. You can no longer use your Gmail address to send or receive email. If you change your mind, you may be able to get your Gmail address back.
Yes you could create the new account and attempt to transfer your data from the old account, but only some things in a Google account are transferrable.
Create a new email address If you want to change your email address, sign up for a new address. After you sign up for a new address, you can transfer emails and contacts from your old address to the new one.
- Your emails and mail settings will be deleted.
- You can no longer use your Gmail address to send or receive email. …
- Your Gmail address can’t be used by anyone else in the future.
- Your Google Account won’t be deleted; only your Gmail service will be removed.
Google does not recycle deleted username, it can no longer be reused for new sign up. You will need to try other username.
If you have more than one Google Account, you can sign in to multiple accounts at once. That way, you can switch between accounts without signing out and back in again. Your accounts have separate settings, but in some cases, settings from your default account might apply.
The difference between Google Account and Gmail Account is that Google Account allows the user to access a variety of services provided by Google while Gmail Account allows managing an individual’s emails.
If your account’s email address ends in @gmail.com, you usually can’t change it. If you’re using a Google Account through your work, school, or other group, ask your administrator for help.
If you’re already using a Google product such as Gmail, for example, then you have a Google Account. If you’re not sure you’ve signed up for any Google products, you can check by visiting the Google Accounts password change page.
Gmail vs Outlook: Conclusion If you want a streamlined email experience, with a clean interface, then Gmail is the right choice for you. If you want a feature-rich email client that has a bit more of a learning curve, but has more options to make your email work for you, then Outlook is the way to go.
Email refers to Electronic mail. Gmail refers to Google Mail. It is process of sending and receiving electronic messages that may contain text, graphics, images or videos. It is a platform through which Email can be sent or received.