But do these exercises actually work? Countless books, websites, and product reviews promise miraculous results, but any evidence that suggests facial exercises are effective for slimming cheeks or reducing wrinkles is largely anecdotal. There’s little clinical research on the efficacy of facial exercises.
- Chin lifts. Throw back your head and stretch your neck as much as you can. …
- Cheek puff. Puff out your cheeks. …
- Fish face. Suck in your cheeks tight and pucker your lips like a fish. …
- Under-eye pull. …
- Forehead workout.
Exercising the neck, chin, jaw, and other facial muscles can lead to subtle changes in your face, including sharper cheekbones and a more prominent jawline. One study found that performing regular facial exercises over the course of 20 weeks led to fuller cheeks and a more youthful appearance.
- Smile while keeping your lips pressed together.
- Purse your lips.
- Smile to force your cheek muscles up.
- Put your fingers on the corners of your mouth and slide them up to the top of your cheeks.
- Hold this position for 20 seconds.
- Repeat these steps for about a minute.
- Do facial exercises. Facial exercises can be used to improve facial appearance, combat aging, and improve muscle strength ( 1 ). …
- Add cardio to your routine. …
- Drink more water. …
- Limit alcohol consumption. …
- Cut back on refined carbs. …
- Get enough sleep. …
- Watch your sodium intake. …
- Eat more fiber.
There are various ways in which you can attain a chin lift: Gently massage the area where your chin muscles meet the neck muscles. Practice twice-a-day; a set of lifting your chin up and bowing it down in the count of 6-8. Opt for facial exercises and neck movements for an overall slender look.
- Perform facial exercises regularly.
- Hydrate yourself frequently.
- Get more sleep.
- Reduce salt consumption.
- Incorporate a balanced diet.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Cosmetic surgery.
- Do Jaw Exercises. Your jaw has muscles like your arms and legs. …
- Get a Haircut That Fits Your Face Shape. Sometimes you don’t need to work the muscles. …
- Massage Your Face. …
- Stay Hydrated by Consistently Drinking Water. …
- Trim Body Fat. …
- Chew Hard Gum. …
- Use Less Salt in Your Food. …
- Make a Fish Face.
Facial fat is caused by weight gain. The reason behind excess face fat is poor diet, lack of exercise, aging, or genetic conditions. Fat is usually more visible in the cheeks, jowls, under the chin, and neck. Facial fat tends to be more noticeable in people with rounded, less-pronounced facial features.
- Have Plenty of Sleep.
- Make Hygiene a Priority & Smell Good.
- Get your Skincare Right.
- Keep Your Hair Clean and Done.
- Give Yourself a Pretty Manicure.
- Buy Clothes in Your Actual Size.
- And Wear Cute Clothes.
- Love a little Makeup.
Round faces tend to age very well compared to other face shapes due to the fact they store a lot of fat in the cheek area. This can keep you looking younger for longer than those who lose fat quicker.
The oval face is often considered the ideal shape. The proportions are balanced and the cheekbones and jaw are lightly rounded.
“You have to do facial exercises consistently six to seven days a week for 20-30 minutes per day. It takes at least three to four weeks before you start to notice results,” she says. And you should consult your dermatologist before tackling a facial exercise regimen. These exercises won’t work for everyone.
- Regular exercise to tighten loose skin caused due to excessive weight loss.
- Drinking enough water to restore the youthfulness of the skin.
- Exfoliating the skin once a week to remove dead cells, which also helps to tighten the skin.
- Using the right body moisturizers to firm the skin.
- Liposuction: This procedure removes fat from beneath the skin and sculpts the chin and neck contour. …
- Face-lift: This surgery allows doctors to remove fat and loose, saggy skin around the chin and neck, removing a double chin.
Chewing gum does not reduce face fat. It is a popularised myth that chewing gum reduces face fat. The simple fact is that you cannot reduce fat from one spot. Chewing gum can give your facial muscles a good workout but isn’t effective in reducing face fat.
- Tilt your head back and look toward the ceiling.
- Push your lower jaw forward to feel a stretch under the chin.
- Hold the jaw jut for a 10 count.
- Relax your jaw and return your head to a neutral position.
“You have to do facial exercises consistently six to seven days a week for 20-30 minutes per day. It takes at least three to four weeks before you start to notice results,” she says. And you should consult your dermatologist before tackling a facial exercise regimen.
Just like the rest of your body, the more than 57 muscles in your face and neck require exercise to stay toned and fit. These simple facial exercises can help you strengthen facial muscles, get a slim face, and even combat signs of aging.
Facial exercise can make your face look young and eliminate a double chin naturally, without any chemical-based creams, injections or Botox surgery. It helps in working and stretching most of the facial muscles, including the jaw, throat and neck.
Some research shows that facial exercises, and exercise in general, can help reduce the appearance and severity of jowls by making the facial, jaw, and neck muscles better able to hold their shape.