Why is my Outlook stuck updating? .
Find the Outlook.exe file on your computer. Right-click the Outlook.exe file, choose Properties, and then choose the Compatibility tab. If any of the boxes on the Compatibility tab are checked, uncheck them, then choose Apply > OK. Restart Outlook.
- Right-click the Outlook icon on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. …
- Press the “Ctrl,” “Alt” and “Delete” buttons on your keyboard simultaneously. …
- Click “Start,” then choose to restart or shut down your computer.
Outlook data files have become corrupted or damaged. Your installed antivirus software is outdated, or it conflicts with Outlook. Your user profile has become corrupted. Another program conflicts with Outlook.
Depending on your operating system: click “Run” in the Start Menu, or simultaneously press the Windows key and “R” to open the “Run” dialog box. Type in the command outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the blank space) into the text field and confirm it by pressing “OK” Start Outlook.
- Exit Outlook. …
- Click Start (or the Windows button) and navigate to the Control Panel.
- Select the Mail component.
- Click the Show Profiles button.
- The Outlook profile should be highlighted. …
- At the prompt, click Yes to remove the profile.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Start Outlook.